Balanced Scorecard Professional (BSP) Certification
Professional Certification from the Balanced Scorecard
Institute and the George Washington University
Balanced Scorecard Professional (London, UK)
The next Balanced Scorecard Professional (BSP) course will be in London from March 16th – 20th 2015. You can take advantage of an early-bird discount by registering today. Register by clicking on Register Today button.
Balanced Scorecard Training
The Balanced Scorecard Institute’s Nine Steps to Success is the framework that provides the basis for this course. The emphasis is on shared participant experiences, lessons learned, and best practice. Small-group exercises are used for each step of the framework to reinforce teaching modules. You are encouraged to bring your organization’s strategic planning material to share with the class.
The course results in a combined certification from the Balanced Scorecard Institute and the George Washington University College of Professional Studies.
The full course fee is £3,250. At the present time there is an early-bird discount of £500 taking the fee to £2,750. The fee includes all of the tuition fees, a course pack with documentation and worksheets, breakfast, lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
(Note: UK Residents will be required to pay UK VAT in addition to the published price)
- Basic concepts of the balanced scorecard and how it can be used to improve organization performance
- How the balanced scorecard applies to different types of organizations
- How to build and implement a balanced scorecard using the Institute’s award-winning nine-step methodology
- How to develop meaningful performance measures and target
- How a scorecard system can drive a performance-informed budget and accountability
- How to get performance information throughout the organization to better inform decision making through scorecard automation
- How to cascade the scorecard to all levels of an organization
- How to design and implement a scorecard where other frameworks have already been introduced
- How to revise poorly designed scorecard elements
- Howe to overcome obstacles and real world challenges
- How to evaluate planning documents and processes
For a full outline of the course, view the brochure
The London course will be led by Clive Keyte. Clive is one of the few affiliates to the Balanced Scorecard Institute and holds a Balanced Scorecard Master Professional (BSMP) certification. He has spent his career helping large and medium sized companies and not-for-profit organisations build effective strategies. With over 25 years of experience in strategy management Clive has a vast backlog of experience to draw upon and as such can provide real-world insight to his students.
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for executives, managers, planners and analysts who are part of a balanced scorecard development team, and are seeking the best practical ideas for improving organizational performance.
The Benefits of Attending
Participants will understand the key concepts of the balanced scorecard, and why it is gaining so much attention in corporate, non-profit, and governmental organizations.
Participants will learn a systematic, nine-step methodology for building and implementing the balanced scorecard, based on the performance management theory developed at Harvard University and our international balanced scorecard consulting experience.
Participants will receive a balanced scorecard tool kit with worksheets for each step of the methodology and reference material.
Through case studies and a series of interactive small-group workshops, participants will apply the balanced scorecard concepts to meet the challenges facing a typical organization. Exercises performed throughout this course include:
- Launching a Balanced Scorecard programme and establishing work teams
- Incorporating communications planning and change management into the scorecard development process
- Use an organizational assessment to set vision, mission, and strategy
- Understand who your customers and stakeholders are and what they need from your organization
- Develop an organization’s strategic themes, strategic results and perspectives
- Develop and refine strategic objectives and strategy maps
- Develop and refine performance measures and targets, aligned to strategy
- Develop & prioritize new initiatives to execute strategy
- Sustain the scorecard with a Strategy Management Office
- Define enterprise performance information requirements and select software
The course consists of the taught modules below interspersed with case study exercises. Participants will be expected to undertake a small amount of pre-course reading of case study material.
- Orientation, Introductions, Expectations
- Balanced Scorecard Basics and Benefits
- Affinity Grouping
- Overview of all Elements – the Nine Steps to Success
- BSC Project Flow, Change Management, Strategic Assessment
- Introduce Case Study and Exercise Format
- Step 1 – Assessment – Mission and Vision
- Step 2 – Strategy and Customer Value Proposition
- Step 3 – Strategic Objectives
- Step 4 – Strategy Mapping
- Step 5 – Performance Measures
- Step 6 – Strategic Initiatives
- Step 7 – Performance Analysis
- Step 8 – Scorecard Alignment
- Step 9 – Evaluating a Scorcard
- Evaluation & Assessment
- Advanced Strategic Foundations Development
- Advanced Objective & Strategy Map Development
- Advanced Performance Management: Measure What Matters
- Measurement Definition, Implementation & Visualization
- Strategic Initiative Prioritization & Management
- Advanced Scorecard Alignment and Cascading
- Managing and Sustaining a Balanced Scorecard
- Close and Final Review
BSP – March 16th-20th 2015
57 North Wharf Rd
View the Venue
Nine Steps to Success™
Nine Steps to Success™, is a disciplined, practical approach to developing a strategic planning and management system based on the balanced scorecard. Read More
Qualifications Certified by: