Balanced Scorecard Professional (BSP) Training
Professional Certification from the Balanced Scorecard
Institute and the George Washington University
Certified by the Balanced Scorecard Institute
The next Balanced Scorecard Professional (BSP) course could be held at your location. If you have a minimum of 6 delegates or up to a maximum of 20 then ask us for more information by clicking on register your interest, to the right ⇒
Balanced Scorecard Introduction – 3 Days. Dates to suit your requirements. Aimed at executives and managers who need to understand the principles of the Balanced Scorecard and how it works in practical terms. This is the Boot Camp Part 1 course and it can be extended at a later date by taking the Part 2 course to obtain the Balanced Scorecard Professional (BSP) qualification. View the Brochure
Balanced Scorecard Boot Camp – 5 Days. Dates to suit your requirements. Aimed at managers and practitioners that have already implemented or want to implement a Balanced Scorecard. This course covers the introduction (above) and then goes on to look at best practice through the use of your existing organisations strategic information or through a case study critique. The course results in a Balanced Scorecard Professional (BSP) Certificate. View the Brochure
Balanced Scorecard Training
The Balanced Scorecard Institute’s Nine Steps to Success is the framework that provides the basis for this course. The emphasis is on shared participant experiences, lessons learned, and best practice. Small-group exercises are used for each step of the framework to reinforce teaching modules. You are encouraged to bring your organization’s strategic planning material to share with the class.
This Balanced Scorecard training course results in a combined certification from the Balanced Scorecard Institute and the George Washington University College of Professional Studies.
The full Balanced Scorecard Professional course fee is £3,950 per delegate. The fee includes all of the tuition fees, a course pack with documentation and worksheets. Book more than a month in advance for the early-bird discount of £500 taking the price to £3,450 per delegate.
The fee for the three day Balanced Scorecard Introduction course is £2,350 per delegate. Please note, the three day course is Part 1 of the BSP certification course and part 2 would have to be taken at a later date to complete the certification process.
(Note: Training is Exempt from VAT in the United Kingdom, overseas attendees are not required to pay VAT)
- Basic concepts of the balanced scorecard and how it can be used to improve organisational performance
- How the balanced scorecard applies to different types of organisation
- How to build and implement a balanced scorecard using the nine-step methodology
- How to develop meaningful performance measures and target
- How a scorecard system can drive a performance-informed budget and accountability
- How to better inform decision making through scorecard automation
- How to cascade the scorecard to all levels of an organisation
- How to design and implement a scorecard where other frameworks have already been introduced
- How to revise poorly designed scorecard elements
- Howe to overcome obstacles and real world challenges
- How to evaluate planning documents and processes
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for executives, managers, planners and analysts who are part of a balanced scorecard development team, and are seeking the best practical ideas for improving organisational performance.
The Benefits of Attending
Participants will understand the key concepts of the balanced scorecard, and why it is gaining so much attention in corporate, non-profit, and governmental organisations.
Participants will learn a systematic, nine-step methodology for building and implementing the balanced scorecard, based on the performance management theory developed at Harvard University and our international balanced scorecard consulting experience.
Participants will receive a balanced scorecard tool kit with worksheets for each step of the methodology and reference material.
Through case studies and a series of interactive small-group workshops, participants will apply the balanced scorecard concepts to meet the challenges facing a typical organisation. Exercises performed throughout this course include:
- Launching a Balanced Scorecard programme and establishing work teams
- Incorporating communications planning and change management into the scorecard process
- Use an organisational assessment to set vision, mission, and strategy
- Understand who your customers and stakeholders are and what they need from your organisation
- Develop an organisation’s strategic themes, strategic results and perspectives
- Develop and refine strategic objectives and strategy maps
- Develop and refine performance measures and targets, aligned to strategy
- Develop & prioritise new initiatives to execute strategy
- Sustain the scorecard with a Strategy Management Office
- Define enterprise performance information requirements and select software
The course consists of the taught modules below interspersed with case study exercises. Participants will be expected to undertake a small amount of pre-course reading of case study material.
- Orientation, Introductions, Expectations
- Balanced Scorecard Basics and Benefits
- Affinity Grouping
- Exercise: Afinity Grouping
- Overview of all Elements – the Nine Steps to Success
- BSC Project Flow, Change Management, Strategic Assessment
- Exercise: Strategic Assessment
- Introduce Case Study and Exercise Format
- Step 1 – Assessment – Mission and Vision
- Exercise: Picture of the Future
- Step 2 – Strategy and Customer Value Proposition
- Exercise: Customer Value Proposition
- Exercise: Strategic Themes and Results
- Step 3 – Strategic Objectives
- Exercise: Develop Strategic Objectives
- Step 4 – Strategy Mapping
- Exercise: Create Strategy Maps
- Exercise: Merge the Maps (optional)
- Step 5 – Performance Measures
- Exercise: Intended Results
- Exercise: Create the Measures
- Step 6 – Strategic Initiatives
- Exercise: Candidate Initiatives
- Step 7 – Performance Analysis
- Step 8 – Scorecard Alignment
- Exercise: Alignment
- Step 9 – Evaluating a Scorecard
- Evaluation & Assessment
- Exercise: Evaluation and Checklist
- Advanced Strategic Foundations Development
- Exercise: Strategy Canvas
- Advanced Objective & Strategy Map Development
- Exercise Theme Based Strategy Map
- Advanced Performance Management: Measure What Matters
- Exercise: Process Map to Select Measures
- Measurement Definition, Implementation & Visualisation
- Exercise: Measurement Creation and Analysis
- Strategic Initiative Prioritisation & Management
- Exercise: Strategic Initiative Prioritsation
- Advanced Scorecard Alignment and Cascading
- Exercise: Correct the Tier 2 Strategy Map
- Managing and Sustaining a Balanced Scorecard
- Close and Final Review
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this course open to the public?
Is this a Strategic Planning course?
Can the course be customised?
Who is the instructor?
Where can the course be delivered?
How is the course taught?
How many delegates can attend?
Is the course cheaper with more delegates?
How can I book a course?
BSP Boot Camp 5-days
– 9.00am to 3.30pm every day
– Price £3,950 per delegate
BSP Introduction 3-days
– 9.00am to 3.30pm every day
– Price: £2,350 per delegate
Nine Steps to Success
This Balanced Scorecard training is based on the Nine Steps to Success™, a disciplined, practical approach to developing a strategic planning and management system based on a balanced scorecard. Read More