Strategic Business Management
A one-day introduction to Strategic Business Management
for Directors, Managers and Strategy Practitioners
One-Day Strategic Business Management Course
Strategies fail due to poor implementation, not because they are poor strategies. Good strategic business management requires that a process is in place. This will ensure that strategy is considered on a regular basis. This one-day course introduces the tools used to build, implement and manage a successful strategy. For more information by click on register your interest, to the right ⇒
- Strategic Management – Why it is important
- Strategic Methodology – Introduction to the Balanced Scorecard
- Assessment Techniques – How to assess and the tools used
- Business Objectives – The power of telling the right story
- Key Performance Indicators – Creating meaningful KPIs
- Projects and Initiatives – The ‘engine that drives change’
As with all educational workshops, this one day workshop is priced per delegate. For bookings made at least one month in advance an early registration discount per delegate is available.
(Note: Training is Exempt from VAT in the United Kingdom, overseas attendees are not required to pay VAT)
The course participants will leave with an understanding of a systematic approach to strategic planning. They will:
- Understand a strategic planning methodology
- Have a clear understanding of the Balanced Scorecard
- Practice assessment and affinity grouping methods
- Understand the importance of strategic prioritization
- Practice creating useful business objectives
- Build a strategy map for their own organisation
- Have a clearer view of Key Performance Indicators
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for Directors, Managers and Strategic Practitioners who are want more information about a strategic business management process and are seeking the best practical ideas for improving organisational performance.
The participants will be split into small groups of four-five people to work on the case studies. They will present their finding back to the whole group to reinforce the learning points. The instructor will be working alongside the participants at all times providing the benefit of decades of practical experience.
Using Case Studies
The course exercises revolve around a case study. The case study is chosen to suit the background of the participants. It may be from either the private, public or not-for-profit sector. The case study enables the participants to practice some of the techniques introduced with the aim of creating a large part of an Integrated Strategy Map similar to the example below:
Participants will leave having practiced assessment techniques to determine Strategic Priorities and Strategic Results. They will also undertake exercises to create a Business Objective Strategy Map. Measures, Targets and Initiatives will be discussed within the context of the work done. The one-day course does not provide enough time to complete the entire Integrated Strategy Map. For a full understanding of the Integrated Strategy Map we would recommend Intrafocus’ Strategy Workshop Facilitation or Balanced Scorecard Professional Training.
What do others say?
“We all had our own ideas but the workshop, through a set of exercises and lively discussions, enabled us to narrow these down to the priorities that would add the most value to our business.” Bruce Bultitude, Managing Director, PowerJacks
“The balance between learning and practical exercises to help move our strategy forward was perfect. If you need someone to kick-start your strategic activities, Intrafocus is the company to go to” Milos Jelic, CEO, Nelt
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this course open to the public?
Is this a Strategic Planning course?
Can the course be customised?
Who is the instructor?
Where can the course be delivered?
How is the course taught?
How many delegates can attend?
Is the course cheaper with more delegates?
How can I book a course?
A one-day in-house Strategic Business Management course
Price: Per delegate (please enquire)
Early registration: for registrations made at least one month in advance prior to the course start date an early registration price per delegate is available.
Is this course for you?
Is this course for you? If the answer to the following questions is NO, then you really should attend this course:
- Do you have a clear vision and strategy for the future?
- Are you happy with the strategic process your organisation has in place?
- Do you have a sensible set of business objectives?
- Does everyone in your organisation know what the strategic vision is?
- Is your strategy easy to understand, could you tell me what it is in one sentence?
- Do you have a sensible set of Key Performance Indicators?
Download the flyer for this course here: